ELCA Reaffirms Commitment to Combat Racism and White Supremacy Additional ELCA Resources Pastor Sara's Comments on Recent Events: Outreach June 2020
Note: Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the church office is closed, but all worship opportunities are available online, on YouTube. See information below. If you need pastoral assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our office 860-342-2860 or to Pastor Sara at 678-882-9011 and email@example.com.
Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church is a worshiping, learning, witnessing, and serving community of baptized persons, among whom the Word is proclaimed and the Sacraments are celebrated. All are welcome!
Call us: 860-342-2860
Write to us: P.O. Box 202, Portland, CT 06480
All Worship Services cancelled until further notice. Worship with us online.
Go to YouTube and make sure to type: zion lutheran church portland ct in the search bar.
Link to Online Worship Bulletin: July 5th, Fifth Sunday after Pentecost, 9:00 a.m.
♦ Pastor Sara would like to include your prayers next week. Please email or text your prayer to Pastor Sara at 678-882-9011 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Occasional Sunday Coffee Hour: streaming live on Facebook at 10:30 a.m.
Compline Service (Evening Prayer): Streaming live on Facebook Wednesdays at 8 p.m., no bulletin required. Available for later viewing on YouTube.
Bulletins for previous online services including Holy Week, Easter and others
Make sure to type: zion lutheran church portland ct in the YouTube search bar.
Regular Worship Schedule, suspended until further notice.
Sunday Worship, 9 a.m.
Sunday Coffee Hour, 10:15 a.m.
Children’s Sunday School, 1st & 3rd Sunday of the month, 10:15 a.m.
Call for information if you would like to learn more or if you are interesting in becoming a member.
Upcoming events & news items listed below. See Outreach for complete calendar and event details.
- June 15: Community Dinner, coordinated with the Portland Food Bank, 4 – 4:30 p.m., registration required Details
- Congratulations to Peter Willse who recently graduated from the New England Synod School of Lay Ministry. The School is an intensive program of biblical scholarship and theological study, designed especially for faith formation in adults.
- Congratulations to Grace Darby for her scholastic achievements, recognized by Portland High School during its recent virtual awards ceremony.
- Pocket Prayer Quilts: Elaine Cote has been making tiny (2″x2″) Pocket Prayer Quilts with a tiny angel inside. Pocket Prayer Quilts remind us throughout the day that we are not alone and is a symbol of God’s love.
If you would like one, contact Pastor Sara at 678-882-9011 or email@example.com, or the church office at 860-342-2860 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Grace Guild has donated five $50 grocery gift cards to families in town that are struggling with the loss of jobs during the pandemic. They worked with the superintendent of schools to reach out to these families.
- Italian Dinner and entertainment by “The Three Amigos”, postponed, new date TBD
- “Romance of the Rose” tea fundraiser, postponed, new date TBD
- Anytime: Adult Online Education, contact the office to be added to the Google Classroom.
- Anytime: Cookbooks still available, $12 each.
- 2020: Celebrating 50 Years of the Ordination of Women in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.