Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church is a worshiping, learning, witnessing, and serving community of baptized persons, among whom the Word is proclaimed and the Sacraments are celebrated. All are welcome!
Join us at:
183 William Street, Portland, CT 06480
Call us: 860-342-2860
Write to us: P.O. Box 202, Portland, CT 06480
We have returned to ONLINE WORSHIP: Search Zion Lutheran Church Portland Connecticut. Or click here: Zion’s Youtube Channel Videos are posted Sundays at 9 a.m. or shortly thereafter.
Sunday School & Confirmation Classes first and third Sunday. Virtual classes until further notice. Contact Sylvia LeShane for details.
- Link to BULLETINS, including upcoming service.
- Link to Guidelines for In Person Worship
- Link to Guidelines for Sunday School and Confirmation
- Link to Outreach, church newsletter
- Link to Easy Ways to Donate to Zion: Scrip & Amazon Smile
Virtual Christmas Pageant Participants: All ages needed to help tell the Christmas Story. Contact Sylvia LeShane at email@example.com or text or call her at 860-759-6418 to volunteer! Details in November Outreach and here.
Virtual Christmas Wishes: Record your Christmas greetings to share with the congregation. Paula Brown is coordinating this. Details 2020 Christmas Wishes.
Due to the pandemic, the office is closed to visitors, but if you need pastoral assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to 860-342-2860, or to Pastor Sara at 678-882-9011 and firstname.lastname@example.org. Church office summer hours until Labor Day: Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Pastor Sara would like to include your prayers next week. Please email or text your prayer to Pastor Sara at 678-882-9011 or email@example.com.
Upcoming events & news items listed below. See Outreach for complete calendar and event details.
- Compline Service (Evening Prayer): Previously recorded services on YouTube.
- November 20: Butter Braid orders available at the church for pick up.
- December 11: Support the Children’s Center: holiday gifts are most helpful if received by December 11.
- December 12: Deadline for Poinsettias. Order form.
- Sunny Hill Fundraiser: Family Portraits, details in the November Outreach
- Anytime: simple donations to Zion can be made through the purchase of Scrip gift cards, and by signing up for Amazon Smile. Details here
- Pocket Prayer Quilts: Elaine Cote has been making tiny (2″x2″) Pocket Prayer Quilts with a tiny angel inside. Pocket Prayer Quilts are a symbol of God’s love and remind us throughout the day that we are not alone. If you would like one, contact Pastor Sara at 678-882-9011 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or the church office at 860-342-2860 or email@example.com
- Italian Dinner and entertainment by “The Three Amigos”, postponed, new date TBD
- “Romance of the Rose” tea fundraiser, postponed, new date TBD
- Anytime: Cookbooks still available, $12 each.
- 2020: Celebrating 50 Years of the Ordination of Women in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
Call for information if you would like to learn more or if you are interesting in becoming a member. 860-342-2860.