Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church is a worshiping, learning, witnessing, and serving community of baptized persons, among whom the Word is proclaimed and the Sacraments are celebrated according to the Holy Gospel.
About 350 people of richly diverse backgrounds, coming from Portland, Connecticut, and surrounding towns, are joined together in fellowship at Zion. We invite you to join us.
Ash Wednesday Service: March 1, 12:15 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Soup and Substance: Tuesdays in March and April 4, 6 p.m.
Regular Worship Schedule:
Sunday Worship 9 a.m.
Sunday Coffee Hour 10:15 a.m.
Sunday School 10:15 a.m.
Weather delays or cancellations will be announced on NBC Connecticut, Channel 30. When in doubt, please check there.
Call for information about New Member Classes, starting soon.
Upcoming events listed below. See Outreach for complete calendar and event details
- Now: Camp Calumet brochures available on the table outside of the church office.
- Now: Favorite recipes wanted for upcoming cookbook fundraiser
- Now: Donations for new Bibles for the church pews. Opportunity to donate in memory of and in honor of friends and family
- February 12: Members serve at St. Vincent de Paul
- February 19: Installation of Church Council members, during worship
- February 28: Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper, 5:00 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- March 1: Ash Wednesday Services, 12:15 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- March 1: Life Line Screening, 8 a.m – 5:30 p.m.
- March 7, 14, 21, 28 and April 4: Soup and Substance, 6 p.m.
- March 11: Craft Fair at St. Mary’s Church, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.; $30 per space, call Anna with any questions 860-342-2328.
- March 12: Daylight Savings Time begins. Don’t be late to worship!
- March 24-26; April 28-30; September 15-17; or October 6-8: Lutheran Marriage Encounter Weekends, see the Outreach for details.
- Plan ahead! May 2017: Tag Sale, in conjunction with town-wide tag sale.
- Tuesdays: Chime Choir, 6:00 p.m and Choir, 7:00 p.m.