Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church is a worshiping, learning, witnessing, and serving community of baptized persons, among whom the Word is proclaimed and the Sacraments are celebrated according to the Holy Gospel.
About 350 people of richly diverse backgrounds, coming from Portland, Connecticut, and surrounding towns, are joined together in fellowship at Zion. We invite you to join us.
Join us at:
183 William Street
Portland, CT 06480
Christmas Services: December 24, 5 p.m. and 11 p.m.
ALL ARE WELCOME!
Regular Worship Schedule:
Sunday Worship, 9 a.m.
Sunday Coffee Hour, 10:15 a.m.
Children’s Sunday School and Confirmation, 1st and 3rd Sunday, 10:15 a.m.
Sunday Adult Education, 2nd and 4th Sunday, 10:15 a.m.
Call for information if you would like to learn more or if you are interesting in becoming a member.
Upcoming events listed below. See Outreach for complete calendar and event details.
- Choir: Chime Choir, Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m. and Adult Choir, Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m.
- Anytime: Adult Online Education, contact Pastor Kari to be added to the Google Classroom.
- Anytime: Cookbooks still available, $12 each. They make a great Christmas gift!
- December 2: “CELEBRATE WITH MUSIC”, Middlesex Hospital Vocal Chords, 2pm at Portland High School, holiday concert, www.vocalchords20.org
- December 12: “Christmas Calm” ecumenical worship service, 7p.m., for all and especially those seeking a quieter worship during the holiday season, First Congregational Church, 554 Main Street, Portland.
- December 16: Deadline for poinsettia purchases.
- December 21: Blue Christmas service, 7 p.m. with Bethlehem Lutheran Church, for all and especially those for whom the holidays are not always joyful, Bethlehem Lutheran Church, 1 East High Street, East Hampton, CT
- December 23: Children’s Pageant, details to come
- December 24: Christmas Eve Services, 5 p.m. and 11 a.m.
- December 30: Ecumenical Festival of Lessons and Carols, Trinity Church, 10 a.m. NO service at Zion that morning.
- Looking Ahead to 2020: Celebrating 50 Years of the Ordination of Women in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.