Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church is a worshiping, learning, witnessing, and serving community of baptized persons, among whom the Word is proclaimed and the Sacraments are celebrated according to the Holy Gospel.
About 350 people of richly diverse backgrounds, coming from Portland, Connecticut, and surrounding towns, are joined together in fellowship at Zion. We invite you to join us.
Regular Worship Schedule:
Sunday Worship 9 a.m.
Sunday Coffee Hour 10:15 a.m.
Sunday School: on hiatus for the summer; Rally Day: September 18; Sunday School begins September 25
Call for information about New Member Classes, starting soon.
See Outreach for complete calendar and event details
- September 18: Sunday School Rally Day; churchwide potluck luncheon following worship
- September 18: Congregational vote on the call of a pastor, following worship
- September 25: Sunday School first day back, 10:15 a.m.; first day for Confirmation classes also.
- October 1: Chicken cordon bleu dinner. Continuous servings from 5 to 7 pm. Dinner is $10 per person. The complete menu includes Chicken Cordon Bleu, baked potato, vegetable medley, salad, rolls and butter, and dessert. Tickets are available after Sept 1, by contacting Marie DeGraff (860-342-2905), Sandra Chiasson (860-342-0144), or Valerie at the church office (860-342-2860).
- Plan ahead! December 3: Goods and Services Fundraiser Auction, do you have items to donate? Please call the church. Details in Outreach.
- Tuesdays: Chime Choir, 6:00 p.m and Choir, 7:00 p.m.