Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church is a worshiping, learning, witnessing, and serving community of baptized persons, among whom the Word is proclaimed and the Sacraments are celebrated according to the Holy Gospel.
About 350 people of richly diverse backgrounds, coming from Portland, Connecticut, and surrounding towns, are joined together in fellowship at Zion. We invite you to join us.
Regular Worship Schedule:
Sunday Worship 9 a.m.
Sunday Coffee Hour 10:15 a.m.
Sunday School 10:15 a.m.
Weather delays or cancellations will be announced on NBC Connecticut, Channel 30. When in doubt, please check there.
Call for information about New Member Classes, starting soon.
Upcoming events listed below. See Outreach for complete calendar and event details.
- May 7: Town Crop Walk. 1 p.m. Riverfront Park.
- May 10: Screenagers movie and community conversation, Portland Middle School Auditorium, 6 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- May 10-12: Drop off tag sale items in the Fellowship Hall, 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Call the office to arrange for pick-up of larger items.
- May 13: Tag Sale at Zion, in conjunction with the Town-wide Tage Sale sponsored by the Portland Historical Society, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- May 15: Grace Guild meets at Greystone Manor to play bingo with residents, 1:30 p.m.
- June 30: Deadline for submittal of your favorite recipes to our cookbook fundraiser. See details in Outreach for how to submit your recipes.
- September 15-17; or October 6-8: Lutheran Marriage Encounter Weekends, see the Outreach for details.
- Tuesdays: Chime Choir, 6:00 p.m and Choir, 7:00 p.m.
- Now: Camp Calumet brochures available on the table outside of the church office.