Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church is a worshiping, learning, witnessing, and serving community of baptized persons, among whom the Word is proclaimed and the Sacraments are celebrated according to the Holy Gospel.
About 350 people of richly diverse backgrounds, coming from Portland, Connecticut, and surrounding towns, are joined together in fellowship at Zion. We invite you to join us.
Regular Worship Schedule:
Sunday Worship 9 a.m.
Sunday Coffee Hour 10:15 a.m.
Sunday School 10:15 a.m.
Call for information about New Member Classes, starting soon.
HOLIDAY GOODS AND SERVICES AUCTION: DECEMBER 3
6:30 — doors open at 6 PM)
LATEST LIST OF ITEMS OFFERED
See Outreach for complete calendar and event details
- Now: Favorite recipes wanted for upcoming cookbook fundraiser
- Now: Donations for new Bibles for the church pews. Opportunity to donate in memory of and in honor of friends and family
- November 3, 10, 17 and December 1, 7 p.m.: Auction Committee
- November 19, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Portland High School Vendor and Craft Sale. Zion will have a booth.
- November 20, 7 p.m.: Ecumenical Thanksgiving Service, First Congregational Church of Portland (choir rehearsal at 6 p.m.)
- November 27, 10 a.m.-12 noon and December 3, 6-7 p.m.: Christmas wreath sale.
- December 3, 6:30 p.m. (doors open at 6 p.m.: Goods and Services Fundraiser Auction, do you have items to donate? Please call the church. Details in Outreach.
- December 11: Music for Christmas XLII, 4 p.m.
- December 17: St. Petersburg Men’s Ensemble, 7 p.m.
- Plan ahead! May 2017: Tag Sale, in conjunction with town-wide tag sale.
- Tuesdays: Chime Choir, 6:00 p.m and Choir, 7:00 p.m.